This is a quick and refreshing recipe for a lunch or a warm summer evening! I like to add to this cold watermelon and basil soup some feta cheese (to place on the top!) to add some texture and make it more of a complete meal. But I still make a salad to go with it, because let’s be honest, watermelon is mainly water so it isn’t very nutritious 😉 As you might have noticed this winter I am a lot into soup, so in summer, I love to use the good vegetables in a cold soup!
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1kg watermelon
- 3 nice and red tomatoes
- 15 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Some feta cheese, diced
- Salt & Pepper of the mill
- Remove the peel from the flesh of the watermelon, remove the seeds and then cut into cubes.
- Ground your tomatoes (you can find how to do that here, in point 2) and then cut them into pieces.
- In a blender, place the watermelon, tomatoes, basil leaves and mix.
- To season, add the 2 vinegars, a little bit of salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper and mix again.
- Dice the feta cheese and add some on top. Decorate with basil leaves.