Bringing here a little bit of originality with this beetroot and sweet potato soup with cumin seeds! At the moment I am quite addictive to beetroot (don’t ask me why…) And when I found this recipe in the last French magazine Regal I immediately wanted to try it. I have made a few changes (as usual :)) and it has been a great success ! It tastes a bit the beetroot (and not so much the sweet potato) so you can remove a beetroot if you want to taste it less, on the other hand it doesn’t taste at all the the earthy taste beetroot can have sometimes. Ready in 5 minutes; it is a big point for this soup!
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 large onion
- 4 cooked beetroots
- 1 large sweet potato (approx. 600g)
- 800ml vegetables stock
- A few poppy and cumin seeds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and cut your onion in slices. Cook in a pan with a bit of olive oil for a few minutes.
- Peel and cut your sweet potato in pieces. Cut your beetroots into pieces.
- Add the overall in your pan, pour the vegetable stock on the top of it and let it cook for about 45 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking, blend the soup, adjust the seasoning. Pour into bowls and add on the top, a bit of olive oil and a few poppy and cumin seeds! Eat while it’s hot.