Finally my breakfast/brunch section on the blog is live! And I start with this homemade granola recipe which I love and which is super easy to make and way less expensive than the ones purchased in supermarkets (and with less fat and sugar as well!). You can keep this granola for about 3 weeks in a sealed jar. Eating options are endless with granola! Some will prefer it with some milk, others with some yoghurt, or even with a good smoothie bowl… The ingredients below may of course vary, you can also add dried fruits (raisins (once cooked), coconut…)!
Recipe for 1 large jar (as per the photo)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 260g oatmeal
- 80g whole almonds
- 80g pecan nuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 50g pistachios
- 2tbsp oil (sunflower, coconut…)
- 10tbsp liquid honey
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 150°.
- Blend the almonds and pecans in chunks (not in powder) and then stir all the ingredients together and display the whole on an oiled baking tray or covered with baking paper.
- Put in the oven and stir every 10 minutes until the mixture is coloured. If the mixture is not dense enough, just add some more honey while cooking.
- Take the tray out from the over after 30 minutes approximately and let the whole cool. The mixture will become crispy while cooling.
- Turn the granola in an airtight container. Keep for 3-4 weeks (if you can wait that far!)