This Spanish recipe is my favorite cold soup of the summer (well, summer hasn’t started yet but on this first rainy day of June I have good hope that the sun will return quickly!!).
So as I said the Gazpacho is consumed mainly in the summer (at least in France) and I love to have it either as a starter or as a main dish (when adding – the possibilities are endless – a bit of goat cheese, some croutons or even crayfish or shrimp.
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation Time: 15 min
Resting time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 0 min
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 white onion
- ¾ of cucumber
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar of Sherry
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and remove seeds from peppers, then cut into large pieces.
- Peel the tomatoes: cut the base of each tomato (make a cross with a knife) then put them into boiling water for 30 seconds. Then get them out and remove the skin. Cut them then in 4.
- Peel the clove of garlic, onion and then cut them into pieces.
- Cut the ¾ of cucumber into pieces.
- Add the vegetables into your blender, pour the oil and the 2 vinegars then mix until the consistency suits you. In this recipe I decided to leave a few pieces of vegetables but you can put the whole at the sieve or strainer to have a preparation without pulp.
- Place the Gazpacho in the fridge for at least an hour before serving it cold.