I recently posted the recipe of a cold ricotta, basil, tomato pie that was a great success here and amongst you as well (thank you for all the photos you shared with me!). And guess what… I did it again! But this time with another flavor: dill, salmon and cucumber. For the dill cream, I whip some whipping (or double) cream with cream cheese, so you have to let it in the fridge for a few hours before serving. This recipe is very fresh and perfect for hot summer evenings!
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min (for the shortcrust dough)
For the shorcrust dough (for 4 people)
- 150g flour
- 75g butter at room temperature
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cold water
For the filling (the filling can be used for 6 people)
- 200g cream cheese
- 15cl whipping or double cream very cold
- A few sprigs of dill (or frozen)
- ½ cucumber
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Some pink berries
- ½ lemon
- Pepper from the mill
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° and place the bowl in which you will make your whipped cream into the freezer.
- Prepare your shortcrust dough by placing all the ingredients in your robot. Knead at high speed until the set forms a ball. Spread the dough obtained with a roller on your lightly floured worktop, then place it into your pie pan (I used a circle of 20 cm in diameter). Make small holes in the dough with a fork, cover with parchment paper and baking weights. Bake for about 20 minutes until the dough is crispy.
- When cooking, prepare your whipped cream. Whisk the cream cheese for about 1 min and then add your cold cream and whisk for about 5 minutes. Until it is smooth. Add a few sprigs of dill.
- When the dough is cooked, let it cool and then spread the whipped cream over it.
- Place in the fridge for 3h minimum.
- When ready to serve, display your smoked salmon slices, cucumber cut into thin slices, a few drops of lemon juice and cover with pink berries, dill and some pepper from the mill. Enjoy cold.