Well this recipe comes a little after the asparagus season, but it’s been several weeks since I made it and I forgot to post it to you. If you cannot find some I advise you to buy them in jar, they’re good too! The idea of this recipe was born from the observation that I did not have much pasta recipes on my blog! I don’t often eat some in fact, while I love pasta when they’re perfectly cooked. It makes a good dish, which it made rather quickly. I found the association between asparagus and artichokes perfect, I really love both! To add a little crunch to the dish, I added a garlic breadcrumbs, it was delicious!
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min (depending on the pasta you use)
- 265g artichoke hearts in jar (drained weight)
- A bunch of asparagus (or in jar: net weight 320g)
- 3 shallots
- 2 small garlic cloves (or garlic powder)
- 50g breadcrumbs (bought or homemade)
- 15g butter
- 10cl single cream
- 500g pasta
- Salt & Pepper of the mill
- Cook the asparagus for 6 to 8 minutes in boiling water. Drain and reserve.
- Peel your shallots and cut into small cubes. Melt the butter and add the shallots. Let them cook on low eat for a few minutes.
- Then add your asparagus cut into 3-4cm sections, your artichoke hearts drained and cut into 4 and finally add the cream. Cook it for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring delicately from time to time.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta.
- In a frying pan add your breadcrumbs, garlic cloves cut into very small cubes and leave on medium heat until well blended and browned.
- Then stir the pasta with artichokes and asparagus and sprinkle with garlic bread crumbs.