Exquisite little starter to realise and that will blow away your guests a bit more than with a classic soup! The spicy mousse that comes in the top brings freshness to the soup and the spices go so well with it! You will need 35 minutes flat to realise this delicious recipe. If you want to add a little bit of crispy to this Spicy butternut cappuccino you put to the grill some gingerbread dice or add some crushed hazelnuts. Hope you enjoy!
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 butternut
- 3 large carrots
- 1 onion
- 500 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices mix (ginger, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg)
- 10 cl double cream very cold
- A little bit of butter
- Peel the onion and carrots and cut them into pieces. Cut in two the butternut and remove the seeds. Then slice it into pieces.
- In a large pan or a casserole dish, cook the onion with a little bit of butter. Then add the carrots and the butternut and pour in the milk (which must cover the vegetables). Add a big pinch of salt and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Place the bowl in which you will whip the cream into the fridge.
- When the soup is ready, mix with an electric whisk.
- Pull out your bowl from the fridge, place the cold cream in it and whip until the cream thicken. Pour the spices in the mixture then stir again.
- In small bowls display the butternut soup and then add the cream on the top.