An idea of a light starter for Christmas with this Carrot and orange soup with scallops. I added a little bit of parma ham to add some crispy to the dish. Adding orange juice to the soup makes it soft and slightly sweet, a true delight. You can prepare it in advance and just before serving, cook the scallops and ham.
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 500g carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 orange
- 10cl single cream
- 16 scallops
- 2 slices of parma ham
- A bit of parsley
- A bit of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare a marinade for the scallops by adding in a bowl the scallops and a bit of orange juice.
- Peel your onion and cut it into strips. Peel and cut your carrots.
- Place in a saucepan with a little bit of butter your onion and then add your carrots. Add a bit of salt and pepper, and cover with water up until it covers the vegetables (approximately 600ml).
- Cook on low heat for about 40 minutes (until the carrots are cooked).
- During this time bake the ham, as indicated in the recipe of Butternut ~ chestnuts ~ crispy bacon and cook your scallops in a pan, one to two minutes on each side.
- Once the soup is ready, add the orange juice and the cream and blend.
- Display in bowls and add on the top the scallops, the parma ham and a little bit of parsley.